Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 15, 2009

The doctor's visit

A few weeks ago we decided to get Chloe a flu shot. Not knowing how she would feel about this, I waited until we had to go to the doctor to tell her. She didn't seem to mind, and I was really surprised. Once we got to the doctor's office, we went into the room with a nurse and the nurse just told Chloe to give me a hug and she would give her the shot. Still, Chloe seemed perfectly calm. Then, she actually got the shot and started yelling "I did not like my shot. I do not like that." Several stickers later, she was happy again.

Today we had her 3 year check up with her pediatrician. Chloe was not at all excited. Once we got her in the room and stripped down to her underwear, Chloe spent the rest of the appointment yelling loudly "I'm tired", and clinging to me like a baby monkey. I'm not sure how the doctor even examined her amid all that. At one point, he grabbed her and brought her to the other side of the room so he could see how she ran, figuring she would run to me. But the little bean outsmarted him, and instead threw herself on the floor and crawled to me.

When it was over, Chloe helped herself to one of every sticker in their sticker box.
Anyway, she grew 2 inches over the past year and they are now predicting her height at 5'6".

Chloe told us later that she doesn't like Dr. Birk, that he is yucky and Bruce (his first name) is like moose. So Craig spent the rest of the night telling Chloe things like:
- Guess who is coming to your birthday party? Dr. Birk
- Guess whose house you are sleeping over at? Dr. Birk

Luckily, Chloe was a good sport and kept saying, no, he is yucky. I sort of blame the Berenstain Bears Go to the Doctor book for how that all turned out!

No comments: