Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, February 22, 2010

Poor Zacky


Zack's life has gone downhill the last 3 years. Yes, we are now those people. Once we had a baby our dog became just a dog rather than a pampered, spoiled, treated like a child dog. Of course we still love Zack a ton. Though, admittedly, Chloe wishes he was a small cuddly dog and often tells me she wished Zacky would go back to his mom (that is what we tell her instead of getting into the whole end of life conversation).

Anyway, poor Zack. A few nights ago I noticed some blood on his bed and he was licking his back leg. We could not find anything wrong. Then Friday when I got home from work I noticed that there was something definitely wrong with his back leg. To me, it looked like the bone was poking through.

I called the vet and they asked use to bring him in right away. Chloe and Craig took him in and then Craig called me and said it would be major surgery. I thought he was joking, but unfortunately he was not.

So today Zack had surgery on his back leg to remove the growth. Luckily it is not cancer and he should recover just fine. Unfortunately, until he is headed he has to wear what Chloe calls his "conehead". Zack is being a great sport about it though!

No comments: