Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 20, 2010

They're back!

Last fall soon after Chloe the new school year started I got a call that I was dreading. Shortly after dropping Chloe off her teacher called me and told me that I needed to come get her. "She has lice" she told me, and I promptly panicked.

Chloe has more hair than just about anyone I know. It is long, it is thick and in her almost 3 1/2 years we have never cut the back. I was not sure how this was going to go. And poor Craig, I ended up stripping just about every soft surface in the house to ensure no lice lived! That time I used a chemical lice killer and after 2-3 hours of meticulous hair combing, I had done a good enough job to get her back in to school.

Last week Chloe was sick. High fever, not much else going on, but she just wasn't feeling well. We went to the doctor, and nothing to report. She was finally able to go back to school and when I picked her up on Friday she had a rash on her neck.

Craig took her back to the doctor on Saturday a.m. as the rash was still there, and then called me to report that I was not going to be happy. She had some odd rash, probably a remnant of the fever, and she had lice. AGAIN!

This time, luckily, I did not freak out. Instead, I bought a bunch of Cetaphil Gentle Skin cleaners and took care of it. After doing the Cetaphil treatment, I blew dry Chloe's hair and then flat ironed it. Figured I would make sure those buggers were D-E-A-D!

Never did find a louse, or an eggs for that matter and I also did not go crazy putting all her stuffed animals, blankets, you name it away. And I got rid of them the first time around again. Though I did do a second treatment the next weekend to be sure.

The upside of all this is that Chloe now lets me blow dry her hair, comb her hair, do just about anything with her hair.


Imagine combing through these locks for lice!

No comments: